Case Study: Enterprise/CRM Development
Our Client the leader in Mobile Device Management software transforming businesses through Mobile IT with an on-premise cloud solution to secure and manage mobile apps, content, and devices for global companies using multi-OS mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management (MAM), and BYOD privacy controls.
- Client’s Sales, Finance, support and Marketing divisions wanted to leverage a common operations and Quote management platform.
- Current Salesforce application was primarily able to manage relationships with its customers and partners. However, they needed an out of the box functionality solution that could be leveraged to its full potential and needed extensive customization.
- Heavy customization and Inaccurate mapping of business process to CRM resulted in data anomalies and data redundancies consequently lowering user adaption and generating reports, consistent quote to cash process became a challenge.
- The users wanted intuitive User Interface and a Apttus/ Salesforce application design which was robust, secure and scalable as per business needs and that could easily integrate with in house ERP systems.
With too many customizations in older Salesforce and Apttus verions poor data quality resulted in:
- Loss of 360 View of Customer,
- Forecasting Issues,
- Revenue Leakage and
- Manual Processes to run the day to day business.
This also affected ease of doing business particularly:
- Complex non-intuitive quoting process,
- Partners rely on MI Sales/Inside Sales for quoting,
- Too many constraints in self-quoting without Order Admin/IT help.
Which directly limited: Go to Market speed (GTM) strategy and enabling partner self-service is difficult due to complex quoting.
- Openmind Team worked with the client hand in hand to ensure that software deliverables, upgrades, enhancements and releases related to business-critical applications met end-user requirements and performance criteria.
- Our project team upgraded to the latest Apttus versions and integrated with Salesforce to track and deliver software projects to operational teams.
- Our capability team delivered the project on time within budgeted needs with greater reliability at the same time following Agile based project execution methodology.
- Our solution leveraged the latest Apttus CPQ to rationalize and scale business models by Integrating selling processes enabling information to flow automatically across CPQ functions. We automated the configuration, pricing, quoting, contracts and order capture.
- Solution provided ensured the redundancy in re-entering data by orchestrating CPQ practices to Create, launch and coordinate product, pricing and promotional programs across all channels, globally.
- Openmind Solution provided client business users easy-to-learn user interfaces enabling them to capitalize Salesforce interfaces to drive high user adoption rates with minimal IT Involvement.
- It provided users sleek interface with point and click administration of data, catalogs workflows and functionality, enterprises can quickly model and automate processes without relying on IT resources.
- The new user interface (UI) Openmind team designed with the AngularJS framework leading to.
- a better and faster user experience. The new UI supported worked alongside the previous one and could be turned on without any additional configuration.
- This enabled users to configure any product or service, including bundles, constraints, and options including defining pricing hierarchies and tiers based on parameters like volume, units, and usage. Price Adjustments based on discounts, markups, price overrides and Asset-Based Ordering , Identify optimal offerings through guided selling and upsell recommendation were some of the added benefits.
- Our solution enabled users to leverage Microsoft Excel to create quotes while maintaining CPQ rules. Our processes enabled Sales to create professional proposals from standard templates, obtain digitally signed approvals for proposals. We also included an ability to analyze quoting cycle time, acceptance rates, product line revenue, and more.
Technology Platform used:
- Apttus, X-Author
- Conga composer
- Dell Boomi